Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rubbing It In

Here are some more caps from the vault. It's kind of weird to look back at my earlier work and see how much my writing has changed in less than a year.

I'm going to try to stick to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday update schedule. For now I plan on uploading 2-3 caps at a time, and cutting back to 1-2 when I run out of already made material, which won't happen for a few months. I'll try to mix it up between posting my earlier and later work so you don't have to suffer through all of my early mistakes up front.

3 comments:

  1. I know how that feels. I've been capping for right at a year and I've started posting my early caps on my blog here and there. It's strange to see how different they are as well as what's remained. It's also interesting to see that some of them became very popular on my blog. I guess complex isn't always better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one for its directness. We don't need a lot of backstory all the time. I know some people want to nail down every detail about how someone gets to this point, but you're good about suggesting without overexplaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mentality is that leaving a caption a little open ended allows for a more immersive experience, as the reader can customize the story to their taste by filling in as many or as few details as they want.

    ReplyDelete