So here's what's happened the past few times I've gone to write a new caption:
- I open up my "To Caption" folder of images
- Scan through all of them, find nothing I want to write about
- Close the folder, head over to my usual image sites looking for new material
- Find nothing that inspires any kind of caption
- Start exploring other websites that I don't usually use for captioning
- Remember why I don't use other sites after finding nothing once again
- Read other captioners' work in an attempt to get inspired
- Eventually close the internet and just let my mind wander to see if it latches on to anything in particular
- Give up and plan on writing something new tomorrow
So now I've decided that this pattern isn't working for me. I'm going to be taking some time off from the tg world in hopes that coming back with fresh eyes and a clear mindset will get the stories flowing once again. Hopefully this will clear up in a few more days and I'll be back to turning out new stuff before you know it.
Ugh, it seems like all I do recently is take time off. Remember the days when I was putting out three new captions a week, every week? Yeah, that was cool... Someday I'll be back to that level. Or at least that's the dream. Anyway, I hope to be back soon, thanks for your patience.