Monday, July 4, 2011

Georgia on My Mind

I'm in a funk, and not the good kind that George Clinton was in (if you don't know who that is you need to brush up on your music history.) I just haven't been into captions the past few days. I've gone through periods of writer's block before, but this is different. Usually even if I can't write I still go and read what other cappers are making. But lately I just haven't had any interest in doing so. I'm hoping that this is just a temporary problem, as I still enjoy looking for new pictures to use in future captions. I really wanted to have some new captions for you all, but I'm not going to turn out something that I don't enjoy, as chances are none of you would either. I've still got plenty of old captions so the update schedule won't be affected, but I don't know when you'll see something new from me. It might be Wednesday, or it might be next week. It all depends on if I find my inspiration again.

But on a much happier note: to those of you who live in the US, Happy 4th of July! Be sure break out the grill, watch something explode, and just be thankful that you're fortunate enough to live in a free country. Sure, things might not be the best right now, but it sure could be a whole lot worse. Oh, and if you happen to be shooting off mortars, make sure that the support faces away from you. That way, if it happens to collapse you don't have to take cover from a barrage of tiny rockets shooting at you. You only make that mistake once.

1 comment:

  1. Rauk,

    I have to say that I'm a big fan of your work. I've gone through several bouts of writers block myself, and all I can say is keep trying. You never know when an idea will kick in and take you somewhere you didn't think it would. I'm in the middle of a block now... I feel the same in that I'm less interested in other's caps and less interested in making my own... but I know it will pass. And I am still able to put out some caps even though I didn't think I could finish it when I started it.

    ReplyDelete