Saturday, July 12, 2014

Visions and Fantasies


The fifth reader request


This request was sent in by Mel. Mel wrote a complete story and sent in 28 pictures for this request (and put forth a similar amount of effort into a totally different request that I was allowed to choose between). Unfortunately I had to cut a lot of it down in the interest of time as it would probably take another two or three panels in order to tell the story in full. Hopefully though I kept enough of the spirit in order to meet Mel's expectations. I have to say, I really like the core concept of having the narrator's sexuality changed by images being forced into his head. This one was a lot of fun to write, and figuring out how to use as many of the images as possible was a fun, if a little frustrating, challenge in it's own right. Thanks for sending this one my way, Mel, and I hope you like it.

9 comments:

  1. O.M.eFFin'G, Rauk & Mel!!! "SO willing!" does not begin to convey enough! "UTTERLY!" "ABSOLUTELY!!" "BEYOND COMPARE!!!" All are but weak attempts to impart the wish that the 'he' in this story could be any of your readers instead!!!

    Peace,Love&Kisses!!!
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it 28? That seems like a lot. I'm glad I didn't count.

    I do like it. Thank you. This is arguably my favorite caption now. Even though the story that started it was "mine," the end result is something I would have never written on my own. I'm glad you gave it a rewrite, and I'm glad you enjoyed working on it. A rewrite by you is what I was looking forward to. I'm not disappointed.

    It makes me wish I'd sent you requests earlier. We have similar tastes. We might have made some fun caps. Or maybe with the wall of text and pictures I sent you, you're glad this is a one-off. Thank you either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relieved that you like how it turned out, as I had to cut more than I originally planned. Once I started writing it the length quickly got out of control so I really had to focus on what I thought the key aspects were. I'm happy to hear I did a decent job at it.

      And while it might have been nice to have worked with a few more of your ideas, I'm happy to have had the pleasure of working on this one. Thanks for sending it in and I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea, but it's really going to depend on how many other requests are in line first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I'm really curious what the draft, uncut version was like. Assuming that version ever existed anywhere but in your head, if you still have it laying around on your hard/cloud drive, could you please email it to me? I'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I deleted the parts I cut as I was writing so I don't have them saved anywhere.

      Delete
  5. I think this may well be the best cap you've ever produced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send me the full story please?

    My gmail is cuminmythroat96@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete